Friday, July 20, 2012

OH NO! POWER OUTAGE!

Well everyone, when I woke up around 5:40 I noticed that the power was out! So I automatically thought .......OH NO! LILY!! Reptiles need extreme heat, and I figured a reptile without heat is not a happy reptile! I started getting scared of course! So I had to come up with some "creative" ideas to keep her warm! The first thing I obviously did was hold her. Well considering leopard geckos can't make their own heat, I figured it was a smart idea to "let her borrow some of mine." After I held her I realized it was going to be a while before the power came back on! So I had to come up with more ideas! The 2nd thing I did was breathe warm air into her humid hide to get it humid again. Turns out, she didn't even go in there! So that plan was ruined! So I ripped a small blanket and started breathing warm air into it and rubbing it so it would get warm. Then I put it under her den so the heat would stay in it! Sure enough she went in there! Well if you were wondering, she survived the 3 hours the power had been off! YEAH! I was pretty proud of my ideas! And pretty happy she survived!!

No comments:

Post a Comment